Wednesday, September 02, 2015

I LOVE INERTIA BUT GRAVITY BRINGS ME DOWN





I love to sit in the sun,
I love to float in the sea,
I enjoy doing nothing,
I am lazy as a flea.
(I know, I'm thinking what you're thinking,
“Are fleas lazy?”)

*

I am like a dog or cat,
I can snooze at noon,
I can sleep until there's another full moon.

*

I don't like to fall down, but I've had many bad falls.
I mean the falling flat on my face kind.
Before getting old I was able to get up from such falls without too much pain or injury.
Now I take every footstep like it will be my last.
I do not want to fall down again.
My last two produced a fractured spine and a fractured humerus.
The injuries came five years apart.

*

I shiver and cringe when I see people on those gravity-defying, head-decapitating amusement park rides.
I prefer solid earth, pristine air, and silence.
Rivers and oceans.



IT'S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES AND NOT FALLING DOWN










No comments: